Our Social Services Department is responsible for planning and organizing charitable campaigns for staff to donate to throughout the year including the Summer and Christmas Community Services Projects. This provides hospital staff with an opportunity to give back to the community we serve.
In the past some of these events included:
- Summer Food Service Program
- Hygiene product drive for school aged children in need
- Diaper/baby wipes drive for infants in need
- Canned Food Drives
- Adopting all foster children placed in Linn County For Christmas
- Lions Club recycled eye glass program
- Donations to various local charitable organizations throughout Linn County
Community Health Fair
2023 Community Health Fair
Pershing Health System will be holding their annual Health Fair May 8th & 9th at the Brookfield Park Baptist Church and May 10th & 11th at the Marceline Bethany Baptist Church from 7am – 9am.
- CMP with Lipid $30 (Fasting is recommended for this test)
- CBCA $15
- A1C $20
- Thyroid Panel (TSH & FT4) $30
- PSA (Men) Prostate Cancer Test $20
- Colorectal Screening Kit (Available to do at home) $5
** Purchase a complete workup and we will enter your name in a drawing for a free workup next year!
- Drink plenty of water the day before your testing.
- It is okay to have water & black coffee before testing.
- If you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath or have been exposed to Covid-19 please stay home.
- Additional labs WILL NOT be drawn at the Brookfield or Marceline Health Fair.
For additional information or questions please contact Wendy Engberg at 660-258-1210.
Each year Pershing Health System sponsors one community service project to support local community based organizations and the citizens they serve. In 2019, Pershing Health System partnered with the Linn County Food Pantry and donated 470 pounds of nonperishable food items. Pershing Health System is proud of the amazing and generous people on our team who are always willing to step up and help vulnerable populations in our Linn County community. Pershing Health System has been committed to addressing the needs of our community that go beyond healthcare to address the issues that impact the families we serve.
Summer Food Service
Adopt A Kid
At Christmas, Pershing Health System places a tree in the PHS lobby with gingerbread ornaments that represent children that are in foster care in the 9th circuit children’s division. Individuals are encouraged to simply grab an ornament and fill as many items on the need list as possible. Gifts are collected and distributed to the children.